Sunday, 31 Aug 2025
Subscribe
Latest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > First time state govt body accepted that it sold jobs: Sukanta Majumdar on West Bengal school scam – World News Network
National

First time state govt body accepted that it sold jobs: Sukanta Majumdar on West Bengal school scam – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 31, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork
Share
SHARE

New Delhi [India], August 31 (ANI): Union Minister Sukanta Majumdar has reacted strongly to the publication of a list of 1804 “tainted” candidates by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) following a Supreme Court order. The list pertains to teachers allegedly involved in irregularities.
Speaking to ANI on Saturday, Majumdar noted that the SSC’s publication of the list is an admission of selling teaching jobs, a serious corruption allegation.
He questioned the discrepancy in numbers compared to previous court proceedings and called for a thorough investigation into the matter.
Majumdar demanded accountability, stating that if the SSC had the list, it should have been presented during court proceedings.
He highlighted the undue burden on eligible teachers, some of whom have faced mental pressure, with one even losing their life.
“Today, SSC published a list of tainted teachers… For the first time, a state government or a body of a state government, SSC, has accepted that they sold the teachers’ jobs… The numbers do not match the previous court proceedings. Very few names are there. This list should be investigated properly… If the list was available with the SSC, then why did they not publish it during the proceedings at the Calcutta High Court and then the Supreme Court?” Sukanta Majumdar said.
Majumdar asserted that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has no moral right to continue in her position if the SSC, under her government’s purview, is found to have engaged in corruption.
He urged CM Banerjee to resign immediately, citing the alleged corruption in the recruitment process.
“All the eligible teachers who are not tainted have to face the examination… Already, some of them have lost their lives. One ST teacher lost his life due to the mental pressure… If the SSC, the body of the government of West Bengal, accepts that it has committed corruption and sold teachers’ jobs, then someone should take responsibility. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has no moral right to sit in the chair of CM… She should resign immediately,” Majumdar added.
The West Bengal School Service Commission released the list of 1804 ineligible candidates on Saturday, following the Supreme Court’s direction to publish the list of ‘tainted’ candidates involved in the cash-for-jobs scam. The commission released the roll number, serial number and name of the ineligible candidates.
The West Bengal Central SSC in a notice said, “In compliance with the Order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated August 28, 2025 in the matter of SLP(C) No.23784/2025(BEJOY BISWAS & ORS. Vs. STATE OF WEST BENGAL & ORS.), the list of candidates as mentioned in the List 1 is attached below, who were selected, whose selection has been set aside by the Hon’ble High Court and confirmed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court, is hereby published in the official website of the West Bengal Central School Service Commission in order to place the List of such tainted candidates in public domain.”
Earlier on July 14, SSC teachers who lost their jobs after the Calcutta High Court decision in 2024, launched a protest march ‘Nabanno Abhiyan’ in Howrah towards the Bengal Secretariat under the banner of ‘Jogya Shikshak Shikshika Adhikar Mancha’.They lost their jobs following a Supreme Court judgment that held the entire appointment process was tainted. The teachers who lost their jobs staged several protests against Mamata Banerjee’s government, demanding justice.
Approximately 25,753 teaching and non-teaching staff in West Bengal lost their jobs due to alleged corruption in various examinations conducted by the state’s School Service Commission.
The bench of Chief Justice of India Sanjiv Khanna and Justice Sanjay Kumar found that the West Bengal SSC’s selection process was based on large-scale manipulations and fraud, and ordered the TMC government to initiate a fresh selection process.
On April 3, the Supreme Court upheld the Calcutta High Court’s decision to quash the recruitment of more than 25,000 teachers and non-teaching staff by the WBSSC in 2016 for the state-run and aided schools. The top court’s verdict was delivered in response to a petition filed by the West Bengal government, which challenged an April 2022 order of the Calcutta High Court. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by
Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Delhi HC directs Centre to appoint woman candidate against unfilled Air Force flying vacancy – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

“Amit Shah should take responsibility”: Sanjay Raut advocates for dialogue amid Maratha quota row – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

“If leader of party is not interested in any debate except… “: Kiren Rijiju – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

Delhi Police arrest woman, two others in anti-narcotics operation – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork

IMD issues light to moderate rainfall alert for next six hours across Himachal – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork
Latest World News Update
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?